Terms & Conditions
The term ” Manor House Hotel Ltd” or “us” or “we” refers to the owner of the website whose registered office is Greenacres, Bank Top Lane, Grindleford S32 2HN. The term “you” refers to the user or viewer of our website.
All prices listed on this website are inclusive of VAT at 20%.
The content of the pages of this website is for your general information and use only.It is subject to change without notice.
Neither we nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this website for any particular purpose. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
Where a cancellation is made we reserve the right to levy charges and you will be informed of this at the time of booking.
Your use of any information or materials on this website is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure any products, services or information available through this website meet your specific requirements.
This website contains material which is owned by or licensed to us. This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance and graphics. Reproduction is prohibited other than in accordance with the copyright notice, which forms part of these terms and conditions.
All trademarks reproduced in this website which are not the property of, or licensed to, the operator are acknowledged on the website.
Unauthorised use of this website may give rise to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offence.
From time to time this website may also include links to other websites. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. They do not signify we endorse the website(s). We have no responsibility for the content of the linked website(s).
You may not create a link to this website from another website or document without Manor House Hotel Ltd’s prior written consent.
Your use of this website and any dispute arising out of such use of the website is subject to the laws of England and Wales.
Offers Terms & Conditions
All offers are subject to availability and cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer. Terms and conditions are subject to change. All offers are correct at time of publication, refer to the current rates valid and are for new bookings only. Pre-booking is essential. Offers cannot be applied to gift vouchers or special/public events unless otherwise stated. Errors and ommsions excluded.
In addition, the following apply:
Accommodation Offers: All dates offered are subject to availability and can change on a daily basis. Offers will be based on double or twin occupancy unless otherwise stated. Bookings can only be made directly with the hotel unless otherwise stated. The offer rate quoted is an advance purchase rate and is paid in full at time of booking. No refunds, changes or transfers will be made. Any offer including dinner, guest are able to eat a starter, a main and a dessert indicated by a diamond shape on our all day and Sunday Menu.
Non Residential Stables Bar & Grill Offers: Apply to non residents only. Offers relate to food only and for guests choosing three or more courses unless otherwise stated. Dinner reservations start from 6.30pm.
Full terms and conditions for Conferences, Private Events and Weddings can be discussed with your Event Co-ordinator and issued on confirmation of the event.
Debit Card Policy – upon check-in, an authorisation for the full amount of your stay plus (to cover incidentals) with be taken from your card.
The authorisation amount will be deducted from your account balance. Upon check out, the total balance will be charged to your card and the authorisation will be released.
Depending on your banking institution, this release may take up to 10 business days as per the financial institution’s policies.
The hotel is not responsible for overdraft fees associated with your debit card.
Social Media Competition Ts & Cs.
- The promoter is Manor House Hotel Ltd.
- The competition is open to residents of the United Kingdom aged 18 years or over except employees of the Manor House Hotel and their close relatives and anyone otherwise connected with the organisation or judging of the competition. There is no entry fee and no purchase necessary to enter this competition.
- By entering this competition, an entrant is indicating his/her agreement to be bound by these terms and conditions.
- The route to entry for the competition is to like the post only. To be entered into the competition you are not expected to like the Facebook page, share the post, comment or tag a friend. People can, of course, perform any of those social actions,but do so by their own free will. Unless otherwise stated.
- We have the right to allow more than one entry per competition at times. We will notify specifically in the post if this is the case
- Closing date for entry will be stated in the post of the Facebook page. After this date, the no further entries to the competition will be permitted.
- No responsibility can be accepted for entries not received for whatever reason.
- The promoter reserves the right to cancel or amend the competition and these terms and conditions without notice in the event of a catastrophe, war, civil or military disturbance, act of God or any actual or anticipated breach of any applicable law or regulation or any other event outside of the promoter’s control. Any changes to the competition will be notified to entrants as soon as possible by the promoter.
- The promoter is not responsible for inaccurate prize details supplied to any entrant by any third party connected with this competition.
- The prize will be clearly stated in the Facebook Post and will be subject to availability. The prize is as stated, and no cash or other alternatives will be offered. The prizes are not transferable. Prizes are subject to availability and we reserve the right to substitute any prize with another of equivalent value without giving notice.
- Winners will be chosen at random
- The winner will be notified by via private message on Facebook and within 28 days of the closing date. If the winner cannot be contacted or do not claim the prize within 14 days of notification, we reserve the right to withdraw the prize from the winner and pick a replacement winner.
- The promoter will notify the winner when and where the prize can be collected
- The promoter’s decision in respect of all matters to do with the competition will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- By entering this competition, an entrant is indicating his/her agreement to be bound by these terms and conditions.
- The competition and these terms and conditions will be governed by [English] law and any disputes will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of [England].
- The winner’s name will be available via our Facebook page
- Entry into the competition will be deemed as acceptance of these terms and conditions.
Terms & Conditions of Business:
Company / Group Bedroom Bookings of 5 Bedrooms or more
- The Manor House Hotel, Audley Road, Alsager, Cheshire, ST7 2QQ. In this document, “Hotel” means The Manor House Hotel, Alsager and “You” means the client.
The following are the Terms and Conditions of Business of the Company which need to be agreed and signed by you and returned to the Hotel General Manager.
2 Group Contract:
A group contract will be issued by the individual hotel(s) which must be signed and returned within 14 days of confirmation of the booking, the contract will reflect the group booking, if not signed this contract still stands.
3 Prices / Payment:
3.1 All prices will be quoted inclusive of VAT at the current rate which may be subject to Government change without prior notice.
3.2 Discounted Group rates apply to a min. of 20 full paying guests. If number fall below 20, unless previously agreed, the hotel has the right to amend prices accordingly.
3.3 All clients will be credit checked at the hotel’s discretion.
3.4 Non-credit cleared clients will be required to pay a deposit of 10% no later than 3 months prior to arrival. This will be based on the full allocation of rooms held at that stage and on receipt of the pro-forma invoice.
3.5 The balance of the payment is due to the hotel, based on final invoice no later than 7 days prior to arrival unless credit facilities have been arranged.
3.6 Corporate business clients may request credit facilities by completing a credit application form and returning it to the Hotel at least 28 days prior to arrival. If credit cannot be granted, a deposit is required, and full payment is due no later than 7 days prior arrival.
3.7 The hotel reserves the right to cancel a reservation if payment is not received by the due date in which case cancellation charges as set below will apply.
4.1 Any booking is provisional until the Hotel receives a written confirmation of the event taking place, a deposit payment may be required and a signed copy of the acceptance of these Terms and Conditions of Business.
4.2 Provisional numbers are required 28 days prior to arrival; final named rooming list must be received no later than 14 days prior to arrival.
5.1 For all group bookings there needs to be an agreed cancellation policy. To avoid incurring charges, written notification of cancellation of the whole group booking must be received no later than 3 months prior to arrival.
5.2 Cancellation for non-credit cleared clients: any deposit paid will be refunded in full if written notification of cancellation of the whole booking is received no later than 3 months prior to arrival.
5.3 Cancellation by you:
Date of cancellation: Cancellation charge (See 4.1.1)
Cancellation received with 3-month notice nil
Cancellation received with 2 months’ notice 50%
Cancellation received with 1 month notice 80%
Cancellation received with 2 weeks notice 90%
Cancellation received with 72 hours or less notice 100%
In every case the Hotel will try to re-let the accommodation and any income received from the re-let will be fully deducted from the cancellation charge. If the re-letting of the accommodation does not fully cover the cancellation charge, an account for the remaining amount will be sent immediately after the last scheduled day of the cancelled event.
5.3.1 You should advise any cancellation, postponement or partial cancellation to the Hotel management in the first instance verbally. The Hotel will also request that cancellations are put in writing by You.
- Substantial changes and cancellation mean a change of date, a change to duration of stay or a reduction in the number of rooms by 25% or more of the rooms originally booked must be notified to the hotel verbally and then in writing. Where any change or cancellation changes the number of group members, the hotel will recalculate the cost of the arrangements and re-invoice accordingly.
5.4 Cancellation by the Company:
The Hotel may cancel the booking at any time and without any obligation to you in any of the following circumstances:
- If the Hotel or any part of the Hotel is closed due to circumstances beyond the Hotel’s control;
- If you become bankrupt or insolvent or enter into liquidation or have an administrator or receiver appointed over all or a substantial part of your assets;
- If you fail to meet the deposit terms required for the reservation;
- If the Company or the Hotel in its sole discretion believes the booked event, or you, might prejudice the reputation of the Hotel.
5.5 As to the above: The hotel will offer the client alternative accommodation of equivalent or superior standard within reasonable proximity of the original hotel. When a suitable alternative is offered, no compensation or other claim will be paid in addition.
5.6 Group Cancellation:
Cancellation of the whole booking, to avoid incurring charges, written notification of cancellation must be received by the Hotel no later than 28 days prior to arrival.
6 Numbers attending:
6.1 You should provide provisional numbers of guests and bedrooms required at the time of booking, but the Hotel reserves the right to agree a minimum number to be charged.
6.2 Final numbers are required 14 days prior to arrival. Bedrooms may be reduced by up to 10% from the original contracted number, up to 14 days prior to the date of arrival without penalty, providing the revisions are received in writing by the Hotel at least 14 days prior to arrival.
6.3 Should a reduction in numbers of 10% or more be made at any time prior to arrival, the Hotel will first Endeavour to re-sell any facilities and services released to a similar value. In the event that the released facilities and services cannot be resold, then any reductions of 10% or more will be subject to the cancellation policy as set out in section 5 above.
6.4 The final number of guests and bedrooms required should be notified to the Hotel 14 days prior to arrival. This number, or the minimum number at 6.1 above, whichever is the greater, is the number that will be charged.
7 Client responsibility:
7.1 Any special requirements must be notified as soon as possible. They are not guaranteed unless specifically confirmed by the hotel in writing.
7.2 Unless otherwise advised, the hotel has no plans for refurbishment, but this situation may change.
7.3 The hotel has disabled access but if you have any disability related requirements, please advise the hotel directly as soon as possible.
Based on 1 bag per person on arrival and departure, included in the price of the arrangement.
9 Force Majeure:
Except where otherwise expressly stated in these conditions, the Hotel will not have any liability where the performance or prompt performance of our respective contractual obligations is prevented or affected by or you otherwise suffer any damage or loss of any description as a result of “force majeure”. In these conditions, “force majeure” means any event which the hotel could not, even with all due care, foresee or avoid. Such events may include war or threat of war, riot, civil strife, actual or threatened terrorist activity, industrial dispute, natural or nuclear disaster, local, national or worldwide health crisis, local or national government enforced closure of all or part of the hotel, adverse weather conditions, fire and all similar events outside the hotel’s control.
10 Hotel’s Liability:
10.1 The hotel does not accept responsibility for loss of or damage to any items of value (including but not limited to cash, jewellery and electronic items such as laptops, cameras and phones) unless deposited with the reception desk for safe keeping.
10.2 The hotel is entitled to rely on the limitations of liability for lost or damaged property contained in the Hotel Proprietors’ Act 1956, a copy of which will be displayed in reception. Where applicable, the hotel’s maximum liability for lost or damaged property is limited to £50 per item and £100 per guest.
11 Check In/Out:
Check in to the hotel must be after 2.30pm on day of arrival and check-out before 11.00am on day of departure unless otherwise agreed by the Hotel.
No wines, spirits, food or beverage may be brought into the Hotel or grounds by you or on your behalf for consumption on the Hotel premises unless the prior consent of the Hotel has been obtained, for which a charge will be made.
In the event that you have any reason to complain or suffer any kind of injury or illness whilst at the hotel you must immediately inform the hotel. Any verbal notification must be put in writing and given to the hotel as soon as possible. If you remain dissatisfied you must write to the hotel within 28 days of the end of the arrangements giving your booking reference and full details of your complaint, illness or injury. No liability can be accepted if you fail to notify the complaint or claim entirely in accordance with this clause (this provision does not apply to any personal injury claim arising from the hotel’s negligence).
14.1 You accept responsibility for any damage or loss caused by any member of your group. Full payment for any such damage or loss must be paid direct at the time to the hotel.
14.2 The hotel is entitled to exclude or remove any guest who causes damage, danger or distress or otherwise behaves in an inappropriate manner.
15.1 Update on numbers will be required 14 days prior to arrival. Final numbers must be advised 2 clear working days prior to arrival.
15.2 Cancellation deadline, for the whole booking without incurring charges is set at 10 days prior to arrival. A maximum of 3 places can be cancelled without incurring charges up to 2 clear working days prior to arrival. A working day is any day which is not a Saturday, Sunday or public holiday in England, Scotland or Wales.
15.3 Licensing and Statutory Control:
Please remember that you, as well as the Hotel, are subject to statutory controls including those related to fire, licensing and entertainment which must be strictly observed.
15.4 Use of the Company Name / Logo –
You are welcome to use the Company / Hotel name and logo for publicity purposes but kindly obtain the agreement of the Hotel General Manager before doing so.
15.5 Change of facilities by the Hotel –
If you are unable to achieve the numbers first indicated by you, the Hotel reserves the right to change the agreed function rooms. The Hotel will make every effort to contact you prior to your arrival.
15.6 Use of rooms –
Please obtain the agreement of the Hotel General Manager before you affix any materials to floors, walls or ceilings. The Hotel will hold you liable for the cost of repairing damage to the Hotel property.
15.7 The hotel does not accept responsibility for loss of or damage to any items of value unless deposited with the reception desk for safe keeping.
15.8 As defined above, it is agreed that you are the client who will settle the account and not acting on behalf of a third party.